Slurry II

Following on from my last post I heard back from DEFRA. There was no mention of using animal carcasses in slurry however I gather it is not permitted, they did however reiterate the information I had already found out regarding use of fertilisers and manure adjacent to water courses and such.

I am aware though that farmers are also able to purchase human waste from sewer farms to spread on their fields, hence the change in smell for the worse in recent years!

Anyway I am continuing to investigate so I can get a comprehensive list of what is legal and what is not. I know the human waste is legal although I don't think it should be!

Not wishing to be judgemental if there is anyone visiting here that is involved in agriculture that can give me any additional information I would be very grateful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do about Wrapping? (2)

Social Screening?