Blog Action Day 15th October 2010

Well Blog Action Day is almost here again and this years topic is Water. I am starting to research my post and have chosen my particular topic which is going to be the oceans. The Blog Action Day website has lots or interesting information including suggestions for posts, banners to put on your blog, a registration page so that you can register your blog for participation, information on fund-raising, and a petition which indicates your support of the UN's efforts to improve water and sanitation for billions of people around the world. You can also sign the petition by clicking on the banner at the top left of my blog and it only takes a few seconds to complete.

I usually post the Blog Action Day You Tube clip to help promote the day here but frankly this years clip has some annoying music as an accompaniment (sorry guys but it really does) and so instead I thought I would post this, a splendid song written and performed by the folk musician Benji Kirkpatrick. The song is called Wallbreaker and is all about water. It is very thought provoking.

Comments

  1. thanks for bringing this to our attention in such a powerful way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura, you are welcome, it's such a good thing to join in, the on line community is really beginning to make itself heard. I will visit and read your post on the big day. Bye for now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Social Screening?

What to do about Wrapping? (2)