Better Together

I am really worried about the upcoming EU Referendum. Its seems like it will be very close and I have clear and passionate feelings about which way I would like it to go.

I don't usually do political canvassing, but I really felt I ought to put my argument across in short before the vote, as there are also apparently many people who are undecided, and it may help give them another perspective.

These are my main thoughts:

Better together - surely if we are going to move forward as a race of people we are better together. A world divided is no way to go forward, particularly given current climatic and social issues. The EU represents a union of nations and that should be encouraged.

You've got to be in it to win it - how can we have an impact on the shape of a united future if we are no longer at the debating table? Could it be that the spotlight on this issue, highlighting many failures of the EU, is just the time when we could effect change for the better? It seems to me that no one has known more about the EU, or been talking about it more, than now. What better time stay stay in and make it a better union for us all.

Someone to watch over me - I have never felt that the UK government represents me as a national citizen. I have serious concerns about their motives and actions, particularly when it comes to the environment and natural resources, which is the sector I work in. EU legislation strengthens protection for our natural environment in this country and without that extra support I have grave concerns about what the government will do in the name of progress. 

I have never felt stronger about a vote. I don't claim to know all of the facts, but I feel I know enough to make an educated decision based on my opinions. If you are undecided please consider these opinions and remember, every vote really matters and can make a difference.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do about Wrapping? (2)

Social Screening?